Apr 2, 2012

Simply Sunday


We woke up a little late, but still managed to make it to church, and only a few minutes late.  There are some mornings, you just know you are supposed to be at church & this was one of those mornings. 

Being Palm Sunday, we worshiped in song the whole service.  It was absoultely powerful and breathtaking.  I had no where else to wipe my eyes by the end of the service. 

I love a good sermon, but there is something so peaceful and cleansing about praising the Lord in song and music.  So powerful.  A service to be remembered in my book. 

I felt the Lord really tugging on my heart.  I feel as a mom, I love so strong.  I love so hard.  I can bring myself to tears when I think of him sometimes. He's just that wonderful to me.  I know I'm not the only mom out there that feels this way.  But he's my first.  And the one who made me a mom.  And he's just special.  So special.    

But, in my loving, I'm also worrying. I'm wondering 'what if?' this and 'what if?' that.  I think 'what would I ever do if...?'  Fill in the blanks.  I'm sure I've thought whatever it is you've filled in.

But I really felt strongly the Lord saying 'Annie, he's Mine.  He is a gift I've give you.  Trust Me with him.  Give him to Me.'  And it clicked.

For so long now, I've felt like 'Lord, I can't give him all the way to You, because what if in doing so You take him back from me?'  But yesterday was different.  Yesterday it was clear. 'He's mine'.

So now, again, instead of focusing on the 'what if's' and the things that could never in a million years happen, I need to take these days I have with him and celebrate.  Choose Joy if you will.

I need to make sure that the little boy I'm raising see's Jesus in what I do.  I need to make sure that I'm teaching him to be happy and live each day to the fullest.  To know and see love in everything we do.  To respond in love.  To radiate love and light. 

It just clicked.  And I wept at the relief and the peace I felt during that sermon.  He's Jesus's.     

I'm so thankful that we made it to church.  Each Sunday is a test in patience as we try to get out the door, on time, but I'm so thankful that yesterday we made it.



On a lighter note, our afternoon was spent outside in the unseasonably warm April temperatures.  The boys napped and I worked on a dress.  I decided if I was going to work, I wanted to be in the sun.  So, I moved my sewing machine outside.  And I did just that.  It's funny how work isn't really work when it's where you want to be, doing what you want to be doing. 


 After nap, we washed our cars and played outside.  To say he's all boy would be an understatement for sure!  He washed and scrubbed and rinsed and washed again.  Cleanest little car I ever did see. 

 And of course, it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't find a puddle to jump in.  This provided a good 17 minutes of entertainment.  He'd run a figure 8 in the front yard through the puddle, across the driveway, around the water table, through the driveway and back through the puddle. 

We rounded out our Sunday with a trip to Target and Joann. I had to pick up some fabric samples because I've sold 17 {17!!!} dresses!  Let the sewing begin! 

This one's mine and this was taken BEFORE hemming...but they've been quite popular!

So, maybe I've found my niche. 

Happy Monday!


bits of splendor monday

10 comments:

  1. Very good!! I have struggled so much to trust the lord with my children, since Jonathan went to heaven. I just love the cute dress....Where do you sell them? Sweet pics of your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive had the same struggle. It's so difficult yet so comforting to just hand them over and say, "Here. They are yours."
    That dress I darling! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO GIRL with your niche! Truly amazing.

    And yes. I love worship. And knowing that God is in control of our lives. It is the only way for peace to fill the heart.

    Happy Monday friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are an encouragement.
    love the car wash AND the dress. fun!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is SUPER cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing on the deck! What a great idea! That dress girl is AWESOME! You are super talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that dress. i need one!
    being a parent sure is a daily exercise of faith and trust. He has good plans for us. Always. Never to hurt or take away... always good. put your trust in that in those moments of fear.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mommas heart.... And that dress! Wow. Oh, and I love that you're a lefty. I'm not one but my middle daughter is and apparently it's a big deal according to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this makes me cry like a little baby. i have the greatest big sister anyone could ever create. I'm so thankful i have you to guide me also. i love you with all my heart. see you in the morning!
    xo, bird

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! that dress is awesome! go you with the maxi!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...