Apr 7, 2012

First Visit with The Easter Bunny...and Egg Hunt

We ran into the Easter Bunny at the mall last weekend.
The Boy didn't sit in his {her?} lap, just gave her a five.
Enough to warrent a dum dum sucker that was in the basket beside of her for those brave enough to sit.

This time, however, was a success!
The cutest, most sweetest Easter Bunny made a visit to his school on Friday for their Easter parties and Egg Hunts. 
He wasn't sure about it at first, but as you can see, he warmed up quite well. 


Also, another first.
Our first Egg Hunt.
I think it's safe to say, he's not aggressive or super competitve yet.
We ended up with about 7 eggs and 1 pack of skittles.
The skittles were enough for him to be satisfied. 
I'd say we're off to a good start!

I have been thinking more about Good Friday and what it means.  Perhaps after having a child of my own, I realize the sacrifice that was made on that hill so long ago.  A sacrifice not because we deserve it, but because of grace.  To think of all Jesus went through on that day, for me, has me feeling very grateful but at the same time a smidge sad.  The pain and suffering He endured along the way was for us though.  He didn't come so that we would be sad, He came so that we may have LIFE!  And that my friends is reason for Celebration!

I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...