Well. I did it. I ran my first official 5K. I have done other 'races', but normally walked, or just ran when I could, or pushed a stroller, but this one was different. I had been training for the Nashville Half Marathon up until about a month ago but I decided it just wasn't going to happen this year.
However, 5K, I could do.
It was a last minute decision to actually get up to do it. But I had 2 motivators- 1- my mom was in charge of it, and 2- The Husband said I wouldn't. Well. If that's not enough right there to get you running, I don't know what is.
My mom has put countless hours into this race. She and Ronnie (my step dad) along with so many other wonderful volunteers were out there at the crack of dawn to set up and make this event perfect.
I started at the back of the group. I'm not trying to win, just finish. I walked once- at the water station. And. I finished with a pace of 11:29. I'd say that's pretty good for a beginner. I think somewhere close to 2500 people participated so finishing 375 ain't too shabby.
I WILL do the Half Marathon next year. I turn 30 in 2 weeks and want to do that in my 30th year. So there. I said I would, now I will. I've got over a year to prepare, so lets get with it!


Way to go Annie!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat accomplishment Annie! You will do great at the half next year!
ReplyDeleteYou are the cutiest if you are mine! Yeaaaaaaaaaaa for finishing! And, Yes,all we need is someone to tell us we WON'T do this or that and we are ON! ha You get that from me. haha
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
YAHOO!!! You did it! Aren't the fun? A little intimidating, but sooo fun when you are done with it all. I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDeletep.s. you look JUST like your momma.
Great job Annie! First one down, many more to go - isn't it fun to see what you can accomplish?! I know you didn't get to the half marathon this year but I know you can do it! Maybe we can train together for next year??
ReplyDeleteMy first was the Dunkin' Donuts 5k - my motivation was obviously the DD donuts and coffee at the end of the race! :) And wouldn't you know, 1.5 years later I gave birth to Rhys wearing that shirt! Ha!
I don't know how I missed this post, but way to go! So proud of you! I can't even imagine running a mile right now, let alone a 5k.
ReplyDelete