Last Sunday was no different from the rest. We went to church then headed to Bass Pro to run off some steam, look at Duck Hunting gear, play on the boats and possibly get a picture with Santa...They have the best Santa and winter set up in town. The whole right side of the store is set up for the kiddos. Easton LOVES it.
'I can't believe the store is this packed! I thought we'd be ahead of the game for Santa pictures, but this IS the best place for Santa so they've come to the right place!'
'Aw, thanks hun, but this ain't for Santa. This is for Duck Dynasty. They're here. 400 people been camped out overnight for tickets. Tickets were gone by 9am!'
SAY WHAT???? Duck Dynasty at Bass Pro? Are you kidding me!? Well we've just died and gone to Heaven.
They were going to be signing their book from 12-2. Of course, all tickets were sold out, but you can bet your biscuits we'd find away to sneak a peek of Willi and Kori! We're huge fans! We've been watching Duck Dyansty since before it was the cool thing to do. We're ahead of the game like that.
So, we hunkered down. For an hour. In the same spot. With a 2 year old who just wanted to 'go look at the boats'. Which is outside.
So, we sat. In the Home Decor section of Bass Pro by the door where we knew {Because Lance gets the inside scoop} they'd be coming out of. And yes...Bass Pro does sell home decor. Curtains, rugs, shower curtains, switch plates. All camo. I suppose this isn't for your tricked out deer stand or duck blind either, some folks really do put this in their homes. That's where I draw the line. I'm all for a man in camo, or even my boy, but my home. Nope. Off limits. However, when the day does come, I'll proudly hang a deer head or antlers on the wall...but THAT is really where I draw the line.
Anyways. 40 minutes we waited. And of course, I didn't have my big camera...someone who parked the truck forgot to bring it in...so grainy cell pictures will have to do.
And the time finally came! Out comes Willie and Kori! To say we were excited is an understatment. Of course, Lance is always calm, cool and collected, but I tend to get a little overly excited. That's why I'm on camera duty...that way I don't act a fool.
Lance got a high five right out of the gate from Willie. Super nice guy! And Kori, she's just as beautiful in person as she in on the show. We didn't stick around to try to get a formal picture, but we did hear a little of his talk befor we left. And he's just as real and kind and normal as I'd hoped. I love that they are a family of faith and they are open about it. They are influecing so many in such a positive way!
If you don't watch Duck Dynasty, you're missing out!
Head on over to Emilys blog for the scoop on Embracing the Camera!
She's got lots of great bloggers linking up!
She's got lots of great bloggers linking up!




Your boy is adorable.
ReplyDeleteha ha ha! Awesome!!! That's the COOLEST! :D It just seems extra fun when those things happen accidentally. Oh, look, there's Duck Dynasty. Hee hee.
ReplyDeleteAnd your boy IS adorable.
Merry Christmas!
Ahhhhh!
ReplyDeleteThat is SO amazing! And I'm super jealous! We love love love love that show! We happened upon it by accident when it first came out and have been in love ever since. How lucky you guys saw them!
I almost broke down and bought my hubby a camo recliner last year. He would have loved it. I was NOT into it. This Yankee city girl isnt really down with the whole camo thing. Anywho, thank the sweet lord they had run out and we got a leather one instead. Whew!
But if it were up to him, I'm pretty sure the whole house would be camo and people would drive down the street and not be able to see it! Ha!
Great timing. Did you ever get a photo with Santa?
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I fund your blog! Love it! We love us some Duck Dynasty!
ReplyDelete