Dec 27, 2012

A Christmas Recap

This Christmas was a lot of fun.
I enjoyed teaching Easton about Jesus.  His birth.  In a barn.  The Wise Men.  The Angel.  
His momma and daddy.  Mary & "JoJo" 
{Funny story: We were talking about Mary and Joseph being Jesus' mommy and daddy.  Easton made the connection that Joseph in his class at school is called JoJo, so Jesus' dad is now JoJo!  LOVE HIM!}

This year, no different than the rest we had 8 different 'events'.  I'm not joking.  Eight.  
It's craziness.
I wish we had a day or at least a half day at each spot, but it all gets crammed in 2-3 days.

Nevertheless, we make the best of it.  
We try to enjoy each spot as much as we can before moving on to the next spot.  

Easton had a random temperature Sunday night along with complaints of right leg pain that would literally bring him to his knees when it hit, but other than that we were healthy for the most part.  The leg complaints continued through Wednesday, when I had finally gotten a doctors appointment scheduled, but I ended up cancelling it for fear of more germs and also the leg pain wasn't mentioned again.  

Easton wasn't 100% but he kept up with the hoopla as best he could.

Short naps Christmas Eve & Christmas Day were made up for with sleeping in a little later the next morning. Snuggled in momma and daddy's bed till 8 or sometimes 9 o'clock.  

I won't go into the details of where we went at what time, who got what, etc, etc.  I'll just let the pictures do the talking!  And...out of the 400+ pictures I took, I am in 6 of them.  We have one family picture...at the end of the day...after it had misted rain on us every time we got out of the car (gross hair for mom).  I have very little pictures of the grandparents and the great-grandparents.  This makes me sad.
Needless to say, I'm making a list of PICTURES TO TAKE CHRISTMAS DAY for next year.

And dearest family or friends, if you don't mind...if you see the 3 of us together...me and my boys, please suggest a family picture.  I'll owe you big time!  And I'll love you forever.  Promise.

Love this!  My Great Grandmother (Easton's Great-Great) gave him this little rocking chair.  
That's her little sweet self in the background.






Yep.  That's the family picture.  I told him to go ahead and go duck hunting during nap time.  
It gave me extra time at my momma's.  Win for us both.  
But.
He comes to the next function like this.
Family loves you like you are.  Right?  

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
I know we did!




1 comment:

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...