Mar 9, 2012

A little trip to the country

I love the country.
I'm a country girl at heart.
I love the stillness and peace and quiet you get in the country.
I love how you can see so many stars at night time.
I love being able to hear the birds and the crickets at any given moment. 
I love that you can't hear the roar of the traffic when you go out on your porch.

Last weekend we took a little trip to the country and it refueled my love for the country life. 
The simple life.  

Now, this isn't way back, but back enough where you still feel like you're way back.
But still close enough to the grocery or Target. You know, important things. 

We went to pick up some ball jars for a friends wedding from my aunt & uncle.
I had forgotten about the donkeys but that made our trip so much more fun!


Easton fed the donkeys a few carrott sticks.
He kept asking for more.  Easton.  Not the donkey. 
Uncle D showed him how to hold his hand flat so he wouldn't lose any fingers.
He was so sweet and gentle with the donkeys. 
And Uncle D was so kind and patient with my boy. 

I really really really want to live in the country. 
I'm ready to have that house in the quiet.
I'm ready to plant my buttercups and hyacinths. 
I'm ready to turn my boy loose outside to run.
I'm ready for country living. 

Like, yeseterday. 


2 comments:

  1. I'll move with ya! Would love some land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to see a donkey in real life, too cute!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...