It's morning like these when I feel like I've got it together. It's amazing what actually getting up when the alarm goes off will do.
The Husband had an early morning meeting to attend. Because I'm a sissy, I didn't want to be in the shower when he wasn't home, I got up and got going early too.
I was ready except for my clothes by 6:30. That includes washing, drying and flat ironing this head of hair. That's an extra 30 minute chore. Believe it or not.
I had The Boy's breakfast ready before he woke up. And it was the perfect temperature for him once I woke him up. I was able to sit with him and help him with his cream of wheat and give him some one-on-one before the day got going.
We got our clothes changed, sang a few songs while doing so. We both had a little pep in our step.
It was perfect. How it should be.
I had patience. He had patience. We were all smiles.
I think I might have just found a new rhythm for getting up with the roosters. If every morning could go as smoothly as this one, sign me up.
Happy Monday y'all!

i think that when we are on target round her or even running early everyone is so much happier. to bad it doesn't happen very often...i need to work on that.
ReplyDeleteglad you had a wonderful morning.
Just found your blog through the Pleated Poppy! You are adorable!
ReplyDelete