What a weekend. These weeks seem to just fly by. They go faster and faster each week- bringing us one week closer to seeing our little boy.
This weekend was full of baby things.
Friday night we went to Joanns to get a few things for the nursery. Lance and I will be making Easton's mobile. I'll be making felt owls and Lance will assemble and hang it. I also picked out some fabric to make some cute burp cloths. I found a pattern online that seems pretty fool proof so I'll be trying that out soon. We then headed over to RedRobin for dinner and to TJ Maxx to look for some accessories for the nursery. We struck out at TJ Maxx so we're still on the hunt.
Saturday I had a brunch\shower. After that, Lance and I went to a few trendy little antique\vintage shops searching for that perfect piece for the nursery- but again, struck out. We then headed to the local pottery painting studio to paint Easton a piggy bank. Well, I painted Easton a piggy bank and Lance painted a cereal bowl with fruit loops on the inside. We are both perfectionist so this takes FOREVER. We never intend on staying for hours, but it turns out that way every time. I can't wait to see what our pieces look like. I have high expectations for both.
Sunday after church we headed to Babies-R-Us. BRU and Target are our weekend hot spots! We got lots of odds and ins that we still needed. We went to Rafferty's for a late lunch. When we got home from our errands I decided to tackle the nursery. Oh dear- I had things everywhere. A parent at PreSchool sent Cindy (for those who don't know my M-I-L is director at her church preschool) 2 tubs full of newborn to 6 month old boy clothes so we went through those. After picking out my favorite pieces I started washing. After 3 loads of laundry, I got all the onesies, sleepers, outfits sorted out and put away. You can never have too many clothes! I don't think I finished till about 10pm. Nesting??? Hmmmm....maybe! Its hard to tell because I'm anal and organized by nature so this comes natural to me.
Tonight I cut out some burp cloths and designed the 5 owls that will be hanging on the mobile- with plenty of critiquing from the peanut gallery (aka Lance- very opinionated- but I love him just the same). Lots to be done in such a little time!
TOMORROW- LANCE'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!