Feb 22, 2010

Another busy weekend...

It's no secret that the weekends are my favorite days of the week.  I mean, who doesn't like weekends???

Our weekends have been filled with trips to Target- Babies R Us- Showers, the whole bit and this one was no different.  It's so much fun though.  I really enjoy the busy-ness of our weekends and spending time with Lance.  Not to mention that this weekends weather was to die for.  It was a little taste of Spring in February.  I'm definitely ready for Spring and the new life it brings. 

Friday night Lance made Easton some "collector shelves" for his room.  I had found some on Pottery Barn Kids but I didn't want to pay what they were selling them for- plus- when hubs can make them- why spend the money?  So for about 1\3 of the price of 1 Pottery Barn shelf- we got 2.    I can't wait till we get them painted and hung on the walls. That's on the itenerary for this weekend.

We've been having an issue in the nursery- the furniture we bought is amazing- but way to big for the room.  So, I called USA Baby (my FAVORITE baby store in town) told them of our predicament and they agreed that we could return the dresser for an in-store credit.  PRAISE THE LORD!  Saturday morning, we loaded up the truck and  headed to Franklin.  We swapped out the dresser for the Stroller, Car Seat, Playard and a sling


Lance did his homework on these prodcuts and these were our final selection.  The Chicco Lullaby LX is rated #1 on Consumer Reports and was also the top seller at USA Baby and the Cortina (travel system) was highly rated and a top seller as well. We had registered for them at Babies-R-Us but USA Baby had a better quality travel system (that went to 30lbs vs 22lbs) so we were sold!  This purchase was a big relief for me!  I kept thinking "what if he comes early?  we won't have anything to take him home in..." but now we do- so I'm thrilled.  Lance got it all put together without  much effort so that's another plus on the Chicco brand! 

We also found his Coming Home outfit this weekend and it's very cute.  I just hope it fits!  It's hard to know if we should get New Born or 0-3.  Lance and I were both big babies so he very well could skip the NB clothing stage. 

Sunday we had a shower at the church where Lance grew up and where his mom currently works.  Six of my girlfriends hosted this shower and we had a great time. 



Hostesses:
Beth, Lisa, Christy (me) Emily, Ashley, Gayle
Thanks girls for such a wonderful shower!


Preggo's (and babies) at the shower:
Stacy (G), Beth (B), Lisa (B) (me-B) Heather (?), Kim a.k.a. Sas (?)

Looking forward to another fun filled weekend this weekend!

Stay Tuned!



3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time. I am so sorry I missed it. I'll have to deliver Easton's present myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooh I'm getting so excited for you!!! I love reading about all your stuff!!! Now all we need is a little boy!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...