Mar 11, 2014

10 on 10:: March Edition


Today was one of the best we've had in a while.
Perhaps it was due to the sun shining.  Or a cooperative almost 4 year old.  Or a patient momma.
Either way, today was the best day.

Our day started about 7am.  Easton's an early bird.  And daddy likes to wake him up before he leaves.
Emerson didn't wake up until 8:15 so we 'started' our day at 8:30 with a nursing session.
After nursing, we got our clothes changed real quick and headed to the Grocery.
I had Emerson up top in the cart and Easton pushed the mini cart.
After the grocery we headed to the health food store.
I needed Silver Spray and Elderberry.  Easton & I are both fighting coughs and sore throats.
We headed home after that to unload the groceries.
Easton played outside while I unloaded the truck and put away the groceries.
I fed Emerson and then made our lunch.
Easton requested a 'picnic' at the dining room table.

And this is where it gets really good.
Lunch together with my boy.
Baseball in the back yard.
I set up a field and hit a home run off the tee- and ran the bases.
I'm pretty sure I scored not only a home run in the back yard, but also in Easton's mental score book.
We set a little cozy spot for Emerson on the porch.
She took 2 naps out there.
After I fed Emerson, Easton requested a trip to the park.
So, to the park we went.
We made almost 2 loops around the playground before we played a bit.
He ran and smiled, ran and smiled.  Slide.  Swing.  Slide.  Smile.  Run.
It was the best.
After the park we headed to Sonic for slushies and then home to get supper started.
Easton took a little rest on the couch and watched 101 Dalmations.  
Again.  
It's a daily favorite these days.
I fed Emerson.
I set chicken out to grill.
We had grilled chicken salads with all the fixins.
After dinner, I cleaned up.  The boys took a bath.  Emerson helped me in the kitchen ;)
Then bath & feeding for Emerson.
Then it was work time for me.
And that's where I sit to the wee hours of the morning.
Easton got to lay on the couch a bit and watch The Voice with us.
During that time, I got no less than 5 unsolicited kisses on the mouth from him.
I think he had a good day too!


















2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! The sunshine always makes everything better, plus happy babies and happy boys. Your kiddos are super cute and oh how I wish there was a sonic close to us - YUMMO slushies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, that is a DAY! I love when they happen like that :) It didn't hurt that the weather was absolute perfection!!! It was so awesome to be in shorts! Tanks! Can't wait for that to be a regular :) Just out of curiosity, have y'all looked into Easton playing baseball? I was SO hoping that Connor would be able to start this summer, but I couldn't find anything for under 6 in Lebanon. I did find something in Mt Juliet, but wasn't sure if we'd be able to do that since we don't live there. Anyway, just curious!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...