I love parties!
I love planning parties!
I love decorating for parties!
I love making a menu for parties!
I love to clean for parties!
I love to grocery shop for parties!
I love to have my house full of the ones I love for parties!
So, Easton's birthday is the perfect time to party it up!
We decided on a John Deere party this year.
It was between that or Duck Hunting.
I thought we'd save the Duck Hunting party for another year.
I mean...green and yellow are so much more bright and cheery than camo and face paint and decoys.
Since we just moved in, I decided to keep the decor simple.
Besides, bright colors make a big impact.
I had my dad pick up a dozen balloons, I found some Sun Flowers at Publix for $3 (thanks Diane!) and then I had a Lowes Gift Card that I bought the Gerber Daisy's with.
I bought some green &yellow fabric, as well as a scrap piece of John Deere and decorated with that.
I used my green & yellow Fiesta dishes. These dishes GO WITH EVERYTHING!
I bought the little tractors at Joann- they were read and I painted them green.
I ordered paper straws from here.
I gathered all the John Deere toys we had in the house and used them as decor on the tables.
I picked up the E at Joann, and it will be used in his big boy room, if I can ever get going on that.
So, see for yourself.
Easton's John Deere Party!
As for the food, I always do finger foods.
Turkey & Cheddar, Ham & Swiss Roll Ups
Cowboy Caviar and Chips
Fruit Salsa with homemade cinnamon sugar chips
Pasta Salad
Veggies
Cheese plate
Cream Cheese with Peach Preserves on top served with Wheat Thins
And cupcakes and Ice Cream to top it off!
Easton picked FunFetti cake mix with vanilla icing and green sprinkles.
The cupcake flags are washi tape that I tore and wrapped around tooth picks and cut a triangle out of the end.
SO SIMPLE!
Dipped Pretzels- I burnt the green melts, thus the reason for just yellow.
Don't try doing melts with a double boiler, stick to the microwave!
And some green and yellow candy sticks from Cracker Barrel.
Thanks to Lance's friend who let us borrow his tractor for the day too!
Check back tomorrow for our photo booth pictures!
They are a HOOT!







What a fun party for a little boy! Everything looks great and the food sounds yummy! Can't wait to see the photo booth.
ReplyDeleteThis is the kind of party my husband would go for! I will be saving this idea if we ever have a sweet litle dude.
ReplyDeleteWhoops! Wrong profile!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness this is SO CUTE! I must remember this theme for Baby Dew #2 b/c I'm sure my in-laws would LOVE it!!
ReplyDelete