It's not official, yet.
But the process has begun {thanks to some diligent teachers at school} to be 'ra-ra' free.
It's a big ordeal in the Farrar House.
About a month ago, they {teachers} put him down for a nap and didn't offer his ra-ra.
He asked for it, but they just told him it was in his bag.
He went right to sleep.
The next day, same thing.
This went on for about 2 weeks.
Then I decided we'd stop taking it in school at all.
We did that for about a week.
Then last week, we left it in his bed all week long.
He has it when he wakes up and when he goes to sleep but other than that it's in his bed.
I really thought this day would never come.
I know he won't have it forever, but it's nice to see him letting it go slowly, and somewhat on his own.
He understands he's a big boy now and doesn't need it.
He understands he's a big boy now and doesn't need it.
My big boy. He's not a baby anymore.
I stressed over him having it, because he's 2 and a half, but really, I'm learning, they'll do things when they're ready.
Just like potty training.
He's been hit or miss (literally) for about a month now.
However, Friday when I picked him up from school he had gone on the potty every time!
And all weekend when we'd ask if he needed to go, sure enough he'd go!
SUCCESS!
Sometimes its nice to just go with the flow and not get so stressed out about age or mile markers or what others are doing. Just let it be.
Keeping up with the Jones's so to speak.
I hate keeping up with them. Or trying.
Happy Tuesday Friends.
Praying for all of those who experienced Sandy last night and are facing the destruction today!!!

Prayers mama! KP is totally attached to hers and I am deathly afraid of taking it away! I had said one year, then 18 months, then 2 years and all have come and gone and she still has her baboo.
ReplyDeletei love how everyone calls pacis something different. i called mine "mr. mitty"... whatever that came fromi have no clue. magnolia hasn't really called hers anything yet. but she isn't that into it. just in her bed or if she is reallllly upset.
ReplyDeleteYay!
ReplyDeleteEthan has ONLY had his in his bed from day one. It never leaves there. But I'd like to kick even that habit. However...we just transitioned to the new room...and VERY soon, we will be transitioning to his big boy bed...so, I want to do one thing at a time.
Hope it continues!
We ar trying to let go of the bottle! It is still a work in progress only one a day sometimes 2 if needed. Night time is the only time Landry still gets one while I am rocking him but after that no more. It is hard during the day but getting better for both of us.
ReplyDelete