This is rare.
'Hold me' is not, but laying his head down on my shoulder, arm around my neck, these days its rare.
We'd been to church, been to visit the new house and had a yummy lunch at home.
We'd all had a good nap.
I was putting away laundry, making no-bake cookies, putting together Ham & Rolls.
It was a good day.
Lance was out working on the 'jon boat' and the boy & I were in the kitchen.
I don't sing. I sing in the car, but I don't sing too much out loud. Without music.
It's a wee bit scary.
But Sunday, I was singing .
I was singing 10,000 Reasons and he stopped.
Dead in his tracks.
He looked up at me and watched me sing.
Then.
He wanted me to hold him.
I picked him up, continued singing, and he laid his head right down for a good 2-3 minutes.
And just like that, he was off and running again.
Oh those moments.
May I always make the time to stop what I'm doing for moments like that!
May I always rememeber the 10,000 reasons I HAVE to give thanks!


Annie, I love reading your posts. You are such an inspiration and wonderful Christian woman!!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer Rooker
That is so sweet!
ReplyDeletebeautiful picture and beautiful words. you're so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a beautiful person!! Love that song and love that moment you captured with your boy.
ReplyDeleteOMG how sweet is this?! What a sweet, sweet moment with your boy! And KP is the ONLY one I'll sing to!
ReplyDeleteDon't you just soak in those moments?? They are few & far between! Love you & that sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteI love those sweet but rare moments. Just found your blog! We have some Farrars in our family! Your blog title caught my eye :) We have a Rusty Farrar in Nashville and the rest are in Jefferson County TN :)
ReplyDeleteStopping by from ETC. Awww...such a sweet pic. And, an awesome song!
ReplyDeleteaww so sweet! I Love that song! It's my alarm in the mornings :)
ReplyDeletethis is so so beautiful! thank you for sharing your heart!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo.
Oh my gosh-this is the sweetest. Kingston LOVES when I sing. He's started singing a lot too, and it makes me so happy. There's just something about music, don't you think?!?
ReplyDelete