Lance bought a duck hunting boat. She's a real beauty. Well, she will be by the time he gest done with her, but for now, she's a mess.
He's been working on the boat a little in the afternoon but this weekend he really buckled down and got to work.
We headed to the in-laws on Saturday to work on the boat, because the apartment doesn't really lend itself well to boat working. Plus, we don't have the tools necessary to do everything.
I wasn't sure what Easton and I were going to do but I was certain we'd find something.
I had 3 frames I needed to finish distressing and waxing as well as painting a little side table that my grandfather made for my greatgrandmother about 10 years ago. He's since passed away, and she's moved to a different home, so she gave it to me. Natural wood doesn't really 'go' in our house, so this little love needed some distressing.
Have you ever used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint? It's amazing. No sanding. No priming. Dries fast.
EXCELLENT PRODUCT!
Take a peek into her garage. I promise you, this place is heaven. We could paint until Jesus came and we'd still not be finished. All these treasures will be at the Barn Sale so make sure you come out.
Honey, don't shoot me for posting these pix! Its treasures folks, I swear. Don't you dare call it junk!
Honey's is just the place for that job.
Honey, don't shoot me for posting these pix! Its treasures folks, I swear. Don't you dare call it junk!
I think I get my love of thrifting from Honey {my mother-in-law}. Before Easton came, we'd go thrifting the first Saturday of each month. We'd be gone from early morning, till late afternoon. We weren't in to furniture yet, so it's evolved over the years but that's where it all started for me. We see things for the beauty that they could become. Not from what they are in their current state.
Can I get an amen right there?
Jesus does that too you know. Thank goodness he doens't take a look at us how we are now. Dirty, sweaty, tired, and just throw us out. He works on us. Constantly. He picks us up, wipes us off, take a close look to see what we need, and He gets to work. Praise the Lord.
Anyways. We stayed there all day long. Painted. Lunch. Nap. More cleaning, painting, organizing. Easton played with everything possible. Lance worked on the boat. Seriously, something so simple, made me so happy.
I had such a feeling of accomplishment. I was tired. My feet hurt. I was dirty. I was still in my running clothes from a glorious morning run. But, that's me. That's what I love. I'm not made up. I'm not fancy. I'm not name brand.
When you find what you love, and do it, it's not work. That's exactly how Saturday felt for me.
It was so refreshing to do something I love, be with my boys, spend time with my mother in law and be outside.
How was your weekend? Did you do anything crafty? Did you do something you love?
Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!



So fun! I am with you on the Annie Sloan paint, I LOVE IT! I have a feeling I could find me some fun treasures in Mrs. Cindys basement!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so envious of your craftiness!! Accomplishment is the best feeling...sounds like a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteI would love to go to that barn sale.
ReplyDeleteI would also love that fan I see in the picture.
And im with you, a productive day is my favorite.
What a truly lovely day! I am so glad you were blessed in it.
ReplyDeletethat place seriously looks like heaven to me :)
ReplyDelete