Jul 13, 2012

Friday Night Swimming

After raining for 4 days, we were all feeling a little cooped up.  And running out of things to do inside. There's plenty to do for a 2 year old in an apartment.  You know, like play baseball, bounce a ball, wreck cars on the kitchen floor, drive a 4 wheeler inside, run, jump, stomp.  Noisy things that I'm certain our neighbors hear. There was finally a break in the clouds tonight so we decided to spend our night at the pool. 

One good thing about the apartment, is how convenient the pool is.  We're trying not to over-do it so we don't get burnt out, but it sure is fun!

You can stomp, jump, hollar & yell all you want too and your neighbors don't care!!!  {not that our's have said anything but we are super cautious about our noise level in the apartment}. 

After supper, we headed down to the pool for a little late afternoon/night swim.  The boys said the water was cold.  I opted out.  Someone's got to take the pictures you know, for memory's sake. 


Lance works with Easton a lot at the pool, getting him to go under and works on kicking his legs and using his arms.  He's definitely not a fan of going under, but he keeps on jumping in time after time, only with a brief request to 'no go under Daddy.'  He asks to go in the 'deep end' a million times.  We take turns going back and forth with him and letting him jump and swim to the 'yadder'. 

I fully expect a little swimmer by the end of summer.

And, for those of you who think I don't let my child indulge in the 'good things' in life...here's proof.  A big melted marshmallow mess.  Before bed even. 

Note to self:  Don't leave marshmallows in your pool bag.  They melt. 

Happy swimming friends!

2 comments:

  1. That is so, so good that you guys have him in the pool that regularly. Teach him to swim ASAP! Have u seen youtube videos of babies swimming? People comment that its child abuse but they'll all have their foot in their mouth when the baby wonders off at a picnic and falls into the pool and knows how to float and swim to the side! I know that sounds harsh but its true!

    Loooove the second set of pics the one.of Lance and E In the pool together...so sweet. You have some good lookin boys Annie-loo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I wish we had a neighborhood pool! We need to get out there with you and E!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...