Jul 6, 2012

Always. Always. Always.

Since Easton was a little lovey, I've told him that I will 'always, always, always come back and get him.'
It started when he was probably around a year old. He was going through that seperation anxiety deal, not wanting me to leave. We'd have a talk in the car before we got to school and I'd tell him 'always, always, always.'
Time passed. Things got easier. Some days he goes in on his merry way, kissing me and walking me to the door. Others, he needs a little reasurrance.
Yesterday was one of those reassuring days. Though, not near as dramatic as it used to be but he needed my comfort nevertheless.
We were pulling in school. He was talking about playing outside with his friends. And he asked,  'Mommy come back?' I said 'Easton???' He looked back up at me with those melt my soul twinkling eyes and said those 3 words of comfort I've said to him for so long. 'Always, always, always.'
I had to catch it on video yesterday afternoon...so I could remember how sweet he sounds when he says it. He threw in a little extra love too.
God bless this child. I really never dreamed I could love someone so much. I could explode.

  


13 comments:

  1. I literally have tears in my eyes. Annie...this is precious DEFINED. You are so blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment on Jen Watts blog that you stay at Rosemary!! We just got back from our 30A vacation this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just totally made me cry! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know this teared me up when you showed me at work - that sweet boy! They sure know how to hold your heart, don't they??
    Watching again at home and Rhys loves it! He says, "More Easton! I want to see Easton!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the sweetest boy!!! This really made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What an adorable little post! I loved hearing both your voices:) You are doing a GREAT job with that little guy Annie Loo! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE!!!!! We need to get Easton and Miss AL together...I'm sure they would hit it off! Such a sweet video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutest cutest cutest. What a sweet little love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Annie, what a precious little love! I'm all sorts of teary now! love him and love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ann!! He is a doll. U are such a sweet mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just watched this for the third time. so, so, SO SWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww that's such an adorable way to reassure your child. I love it. My daughter has always had separation anxiety. Funnily enough in the last 2 weeks she has been a lot better. This morning she walked straight into the childminders house and didn't even turn around to say bye, I was like huh where are the tears? haha. Was such a lovely change.

    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i watch this whenever i have the hard feeling.. which we know gets a good hold on a Sloan sometimes, and it goes away real fast!!! he's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...