Feb 7, 2012

A Boy & His Dog

About 6 months ago I had a sale to work and the boys stayed home together.
I get home to find Easton carrying around this little puppy.
We had no idea where it came from.
But for whatever reason he was attached.

We named him Charlie.

Charlie goes everywhere with Easton.
He wants his ra-ra (passi) and Charlie at any given moment. 
We don't leave home without him.
He goes to school.  He goes in his cubby once we get there.
He stays there until nap.
He takes a nap with him.
He rides with us.
He likes to drive with me. 
{Easton likes Charlie to drive with me because I sing a quirky song if he does}
He wants him at the dinner table.
He wants him in the tub.
He wants him for bed.

And.  I love it.

I tried and tried when he was little to get him to have a special 'something'.
But it never worked.

Until Charlie.

He made the decision himself and that makes Charlie even more special.

I have since found my Baby Shower Lists and have found 2 names that have given us a 'stuffed TY dog' so now I have to find out which of those two to thank for such a meaningful gift. 
I'm sure they never dreamed he'd make this much impact.   

9 comments:

  1. how cute! crazy how attached we get to things as humans of all ages. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great name for such a handsome puppy :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet post! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I love Charlie! And the name Easton is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Charlie too! Easton was my husbands first name choice. I wanted Levi, but got vetoed. But Easton fits him. I couldn't imagine him as Levi!

      Delete
  5. I love it! So so sweet!!! And I love the Scentsy button ;) Thank you bestie!! Love you so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!! Glad you like the button! Maybe we'll get you some business!!! LOTS OF BUSINESS!!!!! LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!

      Delete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...