May 12, 2011

1 Year Check Up...

...2 Months Late...oops.

I'm a stickler for rules and doing things on the EXACT date, but with all the sickness and funk going around, we were going to way too many sick visits to worry with a well visit.

But we finally made it to our 1 year check up. 

It's funny, the first time we walked in there, I was TOTALLY overwhelmed.  Easton had a little jaundice, had some eczema, a blocked tear duct, I had tons of breastfeeding questions, I wondered if we were doing things right, and then 1 short year later, I walk in with all the confidence in the world.  There is no book, no website, no nothing that can prepare you for motherhood\parenthood.  The books are great, and Lord knows I've read my fair share of websites, blogs, forums, but really---the best advice I ever received was to 'trust yourself'.  Man, if I could have heeded that advice early on, I would have been a lot less overwhelmed.  My worries of 'is he getting enough to eat, is he napping right, can you hold them too much, etc etc etc' could have all been avoided if I'd only trusted my God given motherly instincts.  Who knew??? 

Anyways,

Here's how Easton measured up at his 1 year (+2 months) Check Up
Height: 30 inches
Weight: 24.6 lbs
Head: 18.5 inches

He's a big boy!

We did get a FULL ROUND of shots.
I do have mixed emotions about vaccines but for now, we vaccinate.
These shots did a number on him.  The past shots  have not bothered him.
We got 4th dose of Pneumococcal
First MMR
First Varicella (Chicken Pox)
First HepA

He was Fussy McFuss for about 24 hours but after that he seemed to be better.

Here's to another healthy year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...