What makes a Father? To me, a Father is someone who is always there for you. Someone who provides examples for you- what to do and sometimes even what not to do. He loves you no matter what. Even if you disappoint him, you'll still see a glimmer in his eyes when you make ammends. He is the person that you can go to in a crisis or in times of celebration. He is your Hero. He will give you his last penny. He is your biggest fan.
My father and I were not always close. We had a rough start. However, God changed him and he changed me. He taught me how to forgive, that everyone deserves another chance. Grace. My father is a recovering alcoholic. As of May 23, he is 20 years sober. He did not used to be all of the things listed above, but he is now, and I am so grateful. Happy Father's Day Papa! I love you!
It's warms my heart to see Lance, who was all mine for 8 years, now as a Father. He is a wonderful husband and has impressed me beyond words with his skills as a father.. To watch him with Easton, the way he loves him, the way he can make him smile, they way he can get him to coo at him, he'd give him the world if he could lasso it- absolutely makes my heart happy. Lance and Easton are two peas in a pod. I can't wait to see them together as the years go by. I think they are going to be the best of friends.
Today, we skipped church. Lance had to work yesterday and we needed to sleep in. Plus, lovie has his first cold so we're avoiding crowds for now. Ah, the joys of daycare. But, we decided to stay home and relax. I made lemon poppyseed muffins for breakfast. Easton gave Lance his Father's Day Present... the Line Up card from the Red's game we went to last Friday- he pulled some strings with a gal in the Red's Office...and 2 pages for our scrap book with all the pictures of him and Lance since he was born. I'm not quite as creative as Lance in the gift giving but we did our best. We spent some time on the deck while Easton took a nap. It was 9 zillion degrees outside and the plastic pool was occupied and I wasn't enjoying the heat. I can't take the heat like I used too. We each visited with our dads and then came home for dinner. I grilled Pork Tenderloin, made fried corn, baked cinnamon apples, steamed green beans AND some "rising bread"- you know, that kind you get that's frozen dough and you let it rise all afternoon and it melts in your mouth- yeah, that bread. Mmmmmm.
Happy Father's Day Boo- I'm so thankful to share this first Father's Day with you. I love you- and so does Easton----he told me so!
Look at that head held up! He's getting a lot of practice on his tummy at school and it's paying off. He's had 2 naps on his tummy this weekend (I know---Back to Sleep, Tummy to Play...but...he really seems to like it) and slept like a champ and spent some time on a blanket on the floor on his tummy today and didn't scream---at least not right away. :)
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Until next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!