May 10, 2010

Sweet FIRST Mother's Day

Yesterday, was my very first Mother's Day.  What a special day it was.

At 12:09 on Sunday morning Lance and I were still awake- I had fed Easton his last feeding around 11:15 and Lance was playing on the computer.  Lance presented me with one of my gifts- he's not good at keeping secrets.  He had created two different DVD's- one from Kirby and one from Easton.  Each had a collection of priceless pictures.  Kirby's DVD took me a little further down Memory Lane since there was 8 years of photos on her DVD.  Easton's had a short 7 weeks, but my how he's changed in those 7 weeks- they do grow so fast.  Both were put to music- Kirby's had You've Got a Friend in Me and You are the Best Thing and Easton's played Let Them Be Little and Easton Corbin's new song A Little More Country Than That.  Needless to say, I went to bed with a stuffy nose from crying.  I will cherish both forever.

Sunday morning we had to get up quite early as it was our first Sunday back at Church since Easton was born.  Boy was I ready.  I have missed our church so much.  Lance fixed Muffins and gave me my last gift, a home made onesie for my little lovie...and a home made card. Isn't he good???

We made it to church by 9:00- a miracle in itself.  I went to a New Mom's Breakfast while Lance gave Easton a bottle in the car to keep us on schedule.  Yesterday was Baby Day at church so both of our families joined us for the 10:45 service.  It was wonderful to have both families at church together. 
Lovie slept right through his first church service...

Here's some pictures from after church- the mom's...
New Mom...

My mom (Gigi)...and sister :)

Lance's Mom (Honey)

After church we went to Chilli's for lunch.  We finished off lunch with the Chocolate Molten Cake, my FAVORITE.  Lovie didn't seem to enjoy it too much- I think it made him fussy.  I've heard before that chocolate makes babies fussy...and this did.  We had quite a time at bedtime last night!  I think it was because it was an abundance of chocolate, not just a little chocolate.  Dang, mark that off the list for the next year!

Mother's Day rounded out with an afternoon nap and a visit to Gigi's house...

Oh, and before I forget...a pic of my lovie with his onesie on!

Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen?!?!!?!?!

Happy Mother's Day Mom & Cindy. 
You two are the BEST!
If I can be half the mother's that you are, I will be happy.


"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take."
Cardinal Mermillod

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...