Jan 1, 2014

Content. My word for 2014.

Ok. Here we go.
My word of the year is CONTENT.
I'm reading Calm My Anxious Heart as I get time and it's speaking volumes to me.
I like control.
"I have many uncontrollables in my life."
I try to 'Help' God in so many situations.
In my helping I develop anxiety.
Me and anxiety DON'T MIX.
I can make a mountain out of a mole hill quicker than you can blink.
Add my children into the mix, and I can get into a mess quick.
HOWEVER.
"When we take over and try to control what happens we take our focus off the ONE who is in control and put our eyes on our circumstances."
 
But Psalm 16:5 says
LORD YOU HAVE ASSIGNED ME MY PORTION AND MY CUP, YOU HAVE MADE MY LOT SECURE.
What happens to my husband, my children, my family, my friends, me.
It's already assigned.
My anxiety, my fears, my worries, can't change a thing. 
So why waste time?
 
As I {work to}accept my portion and that it was chosen for me my heart becomes much less anxious. Content. Quiet.
So. I'm striving for contentment in 2014.

1 comment:

  1. I think I could change my word to content too. I need to learn how to just be content with what life and God have to offer instead of trying to change it all the time. Good luck mama!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...