Jan 15, 2014

7 weeks of emerson





I couldn't decide between these 2 pictures...so...here's week 7.  

Little sweet sister.
I can't believe it's already been 7 weeks.
The first 4 to 5 weeks we were eating around the clock.
2 hours, sometimes less.
Tired momma.
I think we've finally turned a corner, and are now at 3 to 4 hours consistently.
This provides a lot more freedom to get out and about as we need to.
As I said here, she has to eat at minimum every 4 hours anyways.

Sleep at night is pretty good.  Our last feeding is at 10 and then she starts stirring around 1/2 & 4/5.
After the 4/5am feeding she snuggles up next to me and we sleep till around 7 or 7:30.
We start our day at 7:30 and follow our 7-10-1-4-7-10 routine like we did with Easton.

Naps.  Well.  Naps happen.
There is no consistency yet in napping.
We're working on naps in the crib, but not forcing it.
I did the 'cry it out' method with Easton, but I don't know if I'll do that with Emerson or not.
I feel a lot more laid back with Emerson, than I was with Easton.
I do like routine and schedule, but hey, if she naps in the swing or on the go or in a wrap, at least she naps.

She likes the Happy Wrap & the Sakura ring sling.
Thanks to my SIL for letting me borrow!  They are a life saver!
This is very helpful at dinner time!




She takes a passi.  I'd prefer the thumb but she seems to like the passi most of the time.

She's awake a lot more now so it's fun to see her little sweet eyes.
She's got a twinkle just like her brother did..her brother does.

We got our first smile on December 30th, in the Lowe's parking lot.  
She gives us smiles several times a day.
Sometimes we'll get a giggle too.

We are mainly dairy free, just like with Easton.
No milk, cheese or yogurt.
Its a big help with fussiness 

She really is a delight.
She has a soft sweet spirit and is such a welcome addition to our little family.


2 comments:

  1. How sweet is she? I found that dairy was a huge cause of fussiness in my girl too until about 9 months. Good job momma and grow baby grow! Has her VLAD affected her growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Emerson! Love seeing her pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...