Whew. What a weekend. A full productive weekend!
Friday night started off with some time in the garage.
Last weekend we hit the honey hole of barn wood and finally purchased the wood for our headboard in our Master.
After cleaning it and letting it dry out this week, it was time to cut and lay it all out.
Two strong personalities, with two very different ideas of HOW this should be done.
I'm pretty sure my way would have been better and more efficient, but he was the carpenter for the night, so I kept my mouth shut. Write it down.
And, low and behold, there are more than 2 ways to skin a cat.
Saturday morning we decided we were going to tackle the garage.
My word. How all of this stuff fit in our old house, I'll never know.
Yes, we added a Jon Boat and a John Deere to the mix, but gracious me...this was an undertaking. Good news is, we took a whole truck load of junk to the dump in the process!
And by the end of the afternoon we had another truck load!
We got started about noon and didn't stop till 6.
Most everything has a spot now and I can possibly pull my truck in once we get the headboard moved from the garage floor to the bedroom wall!
We finished off the night with dinner at Chillis.
Chips & Salsa for era'body!
Sunday after church, we stopped at the grocery for weekly lunch supplies and headed home to spread it all out on the counter.
One of my favorite memories as a child/teenager, was Sunday lunch.
We'd stop at the store on the way home and get lunch fixin's and spread it all out on the bar at home and make lunch.
I can still see the sunlight pouring in over the kitchen counter.
I can hear the Nascar race on in the background, hear the recliner as it was unfolded and rared back for a Sunday nap, taste the turkey sandwich, pringles and fudge round.
It was nothing fancy, but it was sweet.
Tradition.
After lunch Easton played for a little bit while I got started on putting the groceries up and cleaning up the kitchen.
The house had been SO neglected over the weekend.
Do you find that in the Summer your house goes to the wayside because you're outside so much? I know mine does!
Lance headed out to the lake to survey the Duck Blind and I laid Easton down for a nap and got to work.
Chore after chore after chore was completed.
Bathrooms cleaned, laundry hung up, corners decorated, counters cleared off of their clutter, crafts made, cake baked, floors swept, dishes put away, toys organized.
It was a really productive nap time.
Once Easton woke up, he played so sweetly inside, or out on the porch while I got supper ready.
Lance worked on the wood wall, nailing it up a plank at a time.
Easton would follow room to room with a handfull of random items just to be where we were.
He's our little shadow. Never far away.
He played bubbles, he built a 'fence' with some of the barn wood, he did 'art' on the porch so he could let his glue dry.
Little thing was a JOY all afternoon long.
At one point he came running in to me saying he needed a bucket.
He said my flowers needed watering.
Little sweet boy.
Please always be this sweet.
Please always love your momma so good.
Please always idolize your daddy.
Please. Please let that heart stay so pure and innocent.
After dinner we had our cake and finished off the night with Cars that Lance had recorded.
As I was tucking Easton in bed, he said "I had a fun day with you momma" in the sweetest sleepy voice I ever did hear.
He then wanted to recount what we had done that day.
And really, we didn't do much, other than be together.
And that's what his little soul loves.
Me too.
Us all together.
My little sentimental boy.
As much as I love a productive weekend, and we did have that, those words are far more than any DIY or chore that needs to be done.
{{Linking up today with Blair as we show:: Life Lately}}







I am totally DROOLING over your kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNice job on being strong and learning to skin that cat another way. I swear it is the key to a healthy marriage. It looks like the headboard will be amazing. Stopping by from Wild & Precious
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your kitchen. And, I've been thinking about your growth charts a lot, I'm 99% sure I want to buy one. The one we currently have won't "grow" with them - it's blue and has monkeys all over it.
ReplyDeleteEaston sounds like the sweetest little boy, I hope both mine are just as sweet. When they repeat, "I wuv wu," after me I melt.