Feb 21, 2013

Little Tiny Buz Lightyears


At what point did my child become old enough to look at undies in TarJay?  And at what point did someone say it was a good idea to buy them for him, then, to actually try them on and wear them?  Didn't I just give birth to this tiny human?  Didn't I just quit nursing him?  Didn't I just witness his first steps?

Well then tell me how in the sam hill is it possible that my child, is almost 3 and has now worn Buzz Lightyear's to school 2 days in a row now, accident free.

It's not possible. I don't believe it. Perhaps if I keep denying it, it won't be true.

However, on a positive note, he's basically taken this roll on himself. No one really pushed the issue. He did wear undies 2 Tuesdays ago when we stayed home from school with the fever of all fever's (that lasted a week!!!) and had no accidents but I didn't make the switch to wearing them to school until yesterday.

He'd been asking to go potty here and there. He'd mention others at school that wear undies. School by the way, is probably the main reason that I'm not cursing Potty Training. They are very routine in going to the potty and encourage it at every chance. He has an obsession with flushing, but they can only flush if they use it, thus encouraging them to use it.  So, Potty Training is happening.

Now, he'll probably kill me one day for posting this...but here goes.  All for memory's sake, right???

Friday night we were working at the new house, and he said he needed to go potty.  Did I have a potty?  Did I even have a spare diaper?  Nope.  We'd moved the car seat to Lance's truck and the diaper bag didn't make the trip.  So, as fast as I could, I found an empty cabinet box and set him on it.  And.  He went.  And. Just last night, we had the same scenario, except with undies and not a diaper, and I located the nearest 5 gallon bucket.  That brough a new obsession.  He thought he was SOMETHING going to the bathroom on that bucket.  He told us he needed to go potty about 17 times.  I think we did more of that than painting. 

Can we please get toilets in the new house, ASAP, Boo?

I hope I haven't created a problem here!  We will be living in the country.  Eventually.  Perhaps we'll teach him to just go off the back porch!  Save some money on toilet paper.

Ahhhh.  The joys of boys.   

3 comments:

  1. Your baby boy is growing up! Hopefully you'll have working toilets in the house soon so he can flush all he wants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My girls never used a child potty chair, but I did have one in the back of my car for emergencies! LOL! We used that portable potty at LOTS of parks, playgrounds, etc! He is precious and growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Some of our funniest experiences have been because of potty training. I forget how when they need to go, they need to go, so we've pulled over a few times. Ah, motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...