This weekend, when deciding what 'sweet' I'd take to Thanksgiving, I got the hankering for a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Pretty simple, right?
I always use the recipe on the back of the Toll House Morsles bag, but I thought I'd try something different.
I went to Pinterest to find this recipe.
Once I figured out I had all the ingredients on hand, I went to town. I did do a few things differently than the original recipe, so I'll add my changes to this recipe.
Ingredients:
2 Cups PLUS 2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
1/2 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP Salt
1 1/2 Sticks of Butter (**Called for unsalted, I used salted...instructions says melted then cooled, I did room temp...or 30 seconds in microwave)
1 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg PLUS 1 Egg Yolk
2 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Morsels (1 Bag)
Instructions: (**My version)
Combine Flour, Salt, Soda in small bowl. Wisk together to combine.
In larger bowl, add butter and sugars. Mix on low until combined. Add in eggs and vanilla. Once combined, slowly add in flour mixture. After combined, stir in chocolate chips.
Using your small cookie scoop or a tsp, spoon onto cookie sheets. I only did 10-12 at a time because I didn't know how they would spread. Good news...they don't spread! Hooray for thick, consistently sized cookies! That makes my perfectionist heart happy.
Place cookie sheet into a pre-heated (350 degrees) oven.
Now, this is what worked for me. Every oven differs...but here's what I did.
Scoop cookies onto cookie sheet. Place in the oven. Set your timer for 4 minutes. Rotate pan when the timer goes off. Set timer for 4 1/2 more minutes. Remove from oven after 8 1/2 minutes total (top right picture). They will look golden but fluffy. Let cool for 4 minutes (bottom left) Remove from pan to wire rack for final cool.
Repeat. Eat a spoon full of cookie dough every chance you get. It's good.
I suggest having 2 cookie sheets going, I just had one and it took forever. But they were PERFECT.
For half my batch when I rotated the cookies, I placed a few M&M's in the top of each cookie. Lance likes M&M's in his cookies. I like to make him happy.
Now, take a look at those cookies!
Are they not the prettiest cookie you've ever seen?
Thick and chewy.
Golden brown.
Perfect amount of chocolate chips in each cookie.
How about packaging up a few for your teachers?
Take these to a Pot Luck and you'll be the star of the show!
Leave some out for Santa too. You'll be sure to get more than a lump of coal in your stocking!
Happy Baking!
Report back if you make these! I promise, you won't be sorry!
Head on over to Ashley's blog for more fabulous baking, crafting, decorating ideas!



I have a bag of leftover mini chocolate chips--I'm thinking I'll make these cookies! :)
ReplyDeleteYUM!! I'm definitely going to make these this holiday season. Thanks!
ReplyDeletewww.mommymandymusings.com
YUM!!! I must make these! Thanks so much for linking up, mama!
ReplyDeleteI'm making these RIGHT NOW with my little brother and the little guy I nanny for. :) Can't wait to taste! Thanks Annie!
ReplyDeleteThey look really good! I'm going to have to try those for our cookie exchange! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWell! I say! You must be besteys with The Pioneer Woman! Or come from good Stock! Wink Wink!!! Mom!
ReplyDelete