Today we went to see BJ (orthotist) and pick up Easton's helmet. I was a little nervous, anxious, weary about the whole situation. But, after a few measurements, a few changes to the helmet we were ready to go. Ready to face the real world with our new helmet.
So, this will be our 'starting point'.
We'll call this BH (Before Helmet)
Oh...those lips- I could just kiss them!
And that little fat on the back of his neck, mmmm, that's some goodness.
Doesn't look too bad from the side...however, the top view is what's concerning.
This is what you call Brachycephaly.
For more on Brachcephaly and more details about Easton's head rounding head on over to
I've started a public blog all about our head rounding progress.
I'll continue to update here, but just not with as much details.
So, here we go...
Here's my little love bird in his new blue helmet!
God bless this kid!
He did so well with it today!
When we took it off tonight, it REALLY looked different. I thought it was just me but I said
"could it really be different already?"
Lance said "it doesn't look nearly as wide (at his ears)!"
Now, maybe it's just because we had looked at that clunky helmet but it really did seem a smidge different.
Hey...it's all about positive thinking right!
oh gosh, what a cutie! did he throw a fit having it on? He looks perfectly content in it!
ReplyDeleteOh he is just a cutie-pa-tootie!! Plus now you don't have to worry about the standard "coffee table head bumps" or others as he starts moving about more. It's helping his head shape but also protecting his head from silly oopsies:)
ReplyDeleteAnnie, he looks like such a cutie with his new hat!! He will be out of it before you know it!
ReplyDelete