While I'm REALLY sick of snow, I never tire of snow days!
After last night's commute, we deserve some time off the road. I left work at 3:15 and ran through Walgreens to pick up my rx, because I'm sick yet again, and then to the bank for work and picked up Easton at 3:45. In the 10 minutes it took me to go in and get Easton the flakes had really picked up. As had the traffic. Our 30-45 minute comute home took over 3 hours because my fellow Nashvillians think it's necessary to drive at a snails pace when we have less than an inch of snow and ice on the roadways.
Easton was less than thrilled about his car ride. We sang songs, we played with puppets, we cried---well, he cried, I couldn't...it would have only made my headache worse, we did everything we could to make the time go faster, but when you're sitting still amongst thousands of other drivers, there's not much you can do.
So, today we woke up with daycare closed so we had us a little snow day. Easton didn't get out of his pj's till after lunch, when there was too much food on them to nap in. Note to self...he doesn't like carrotts! I made myself a pot of homeade chicken noodle soup and some Tang (because Tang heals everything right, that's what mama says...) and we hibernated all day. It was a beautiful sunny day though so we had all the blinds open to let the sun shine in. It's a amazing what a little sun shine will do for your mood. At least mine anyways.
My Nana called yesterday morning and wanted to fix us dinner so Lance picked it up on his way home. We had chicken casserole, FRESH creamed corn and baked apples. It was DELISH. Just what the doctor ordered. I should be back to my old self in no time flat!
Bring on the buttercups!
We were able to take advantage of some nap time together. Easton naps so much better with someone...so, I took one for the team and laid down with him. ;)
We had fun on our snow day, but we are READY for Spring!
Bring on the buttercups!

this picture is so sweet! and that's so cute "easton sleeps better with someone with him" That is soooo sweet!
ReplyDelete