I remember just yesterday bringing her home from the hospital.
I remember the moment she was born.
I stood right by my mom when she was welcomed into this world.
Her first bath. Sitting her in front of the Christmas tree in her sweet little white dress and bonet.
Her first day of Kindergarten. Her tweety bird glasses.
Making clothes from paper and Papa's shredder.
Her first kiss. Drivers license. Driving. Prom.
It all went way to fast.
And now, she graduates? How?
It's true what they say, 'time goes faster as you grow older' but just how is my baby sister now a
High School graduate?
I have so many wonderful memories of her, even though we're 11 years apart.
She was my little side kick. I was the built in babysitter.
She always fit in, whoever was at the house, or wherever we went.
She was everyone's little sister.
She was loved by all from the start. That hasn't changed.
![]() |
| Always one for style. This was dress up day at school. Minnie Pearl. |
She's loyal. She's beautiful. Inside and out. She's firm. She's talented. She's stubborn. She's determined. She's strong.
I'm happy to call her mine.
There is no doubt in my mind she will do big things. She will be someone.
Go Bird! Fly! You can do anything you want!!!
Al,
I'm so proud of you. From the start you were mine. You had my heart. Those little sweet eyes would look at me and I would melt. Still do.
You have become such an amazing young woman. It feels weird calling you a woman, but that's exactly what you are. You have been such an amazing example to those around you. Not falling into peer pressure and being like the rest. Your uniqueness makes you stand out from the crowd.
You're a leader. Not a follower. You stand firm in what you believe and how you feel. You are fiercely loyal and for that, I am thankful. I'm thankful to always have you on my side. Lord knows I never want to be on opposing sides. You've got a mean streak a mile long. But I love that about you too.
My little sister from the start, but now, my always faithful companion. Me, you and mom. Peas & Carrotts.
I cannot wait to see what you will become. Part of me thinks a fashion designer, part of me thinks a magazine editor/photographer. Maybe adopt 27 little loveis from Haiti. Whatever you chose, you will soar. I believe that.
I believe in you.
I am so proud of you. Of the person you've always been. The woman you are growing to be.
You will do great things, no matter what. Remember to always put Jesus first. He will lead you. Things will get overwhelming at times, but just stop. And think. And remember to listen.
Live in the moment. They go to fast to focus on tomorrow. Just live for today and all else will fall into place.
I love you bird. More than you will EVER KNOW!
XOXOXO
Ann




Annie this is so sweet. Congratulations to your sister. Such a big time in life!
ReplyDeleteAnn. This is perfect!!!! You are both amazing and I can't wait too see what God has in store for you both!!! xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete