Jun 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

When I think of my dad, I think of so many character traits that I wish to possess.  He is humble.  No matter when I tell him I'm proud of him, he always says 'you be proud, I'll be grateful.'  He is always one to do something for others, putting himself last.  I think of the word strong.  He has been through so much in his 55 years of life, more than I can ever imagine but he has come through shining on the other side.  I think of the word dedicated.  He is dedicated to his family and his friends.  Twenty plus years of sobriety and he's dedicated to his sponsors and sponsee's in his AA family.  He's a good listener.  I can call at any hour of any day and he will stop what he's doing, grab a smoke and a cup of coffee and listen to whatever it is I have to say.  If advice is needed, he'll give it.  If all I need is to vent, he'll listen.  Speaking of advice, he's got some of the best unbiased advice on the block.  He's a list maker.  I can remember when I was little, if I wanted something I'd have to list the pro's and con's of this or that.  And to this day, we still make lots of mental and written lists together and apart.  He's loving.  He's always ready to give out hugs or kisses or a kind look.  He has a heart as big as the ocean.  The words really could go on and on.  If I think of every descriptive word I could easily use it to define his life and his role as my father.  I am so lucky to have him as my father and so blessed that we have the relationship that we do today.  We haven't always had such a sweet relationship, but we do now, and for that I'll be eternally grateful.  Thanks Papa for all you have done for me and Al.  We love you so much! 


And to my husband, the father of my child, to see you with Easton is amazing.  Watching him grow and reflect you as a person really melts my heart.  To see you two interact and to watch him mimick eveything you do is priceless.  I knew I loved you when I said "I DO" but I never realized how much more I could love you watching you with our son.  You are an amazing father and Easton is so lucky to have you as his daddy.
Daddy & Easton had a big ole nap together today!  Ahhhh, we love weekends!

This is the sweetest time.  They read a book before bed and the hilight of the book is to find the little chicky.
When they find him, they laugh and laugh!
Love these boys!


Happy Father's Day to Bob too!!!
My FAVORITE Father In Law!
I used to be the favorite daughter in law but now that Jamey's here, she's taken on that roll.
She's nicer than me. She doesn't talk back! ;)
I love you Bob!


And last but not least, Big Ron!
The greatest step-dad {though I don't like that word cause it sounds ugly} ever!
Thank you for loving Mom, Al & me with all of your heart!

because i'm too tired right now to figure out why this won't stand up straight, i'll leave you with this sideways picture.  Just turn your head. You'll get the idea.  Maybe I'll fix it later.  Or, maybe I won't! 
{I FIXED IT!}
Go hug a Father today.  Especially you're own if he's around!



1 comment:

  1. Ann, YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE! Thank you so much for documenting all this. We will have it forever! The pic of the Farrar Guys is precious. Need to get cindy one framed. Me n Big Ron look perty cute too. haha Love you forever! Ggggggggg xo

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...