Jan 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

This New Year was bitter sweet.  It was our last New Year's Eve without a baby.  Of course, we are so excited, but at the same time, mine and Lance's time as a couple is coming to an end.  We will go from a couple to a family.  It's so strange to think that this time next year we'll have an 8 month old and will have to arrange for a babysitter or have our own party at home.  Of course, once he's here, we'll never look back, but for now, it's so hard to imagine our lives other than just the two of us. 

Yesterday I did some baking---well---sort of.  I made chocolate no bake cookies and chocolate dipped pretzel sticks as well as pigs in a blanket.  I love to spend the day in the kitchen.  We also went to look at fabric for the nursery.  What I liked, Lance didn't.  SO- we did more looking than we did deciding.  It's hard to think about what we want in there.  We don't want it too baby, but not too grown up either. 

Last night we went to Ryan & Emily's house for our Annual New Years Eve Celebration.  We had enough food to feed an army.  It's always fun to get together with the whole gang.  We rang in the New Year with Champaigne and Sparkling Apple Cider for the 3 preggo's in the group.  Of course, the night was sealed with a kiss and I can't think of a better way to end out one year and welcome in another.

Today we finished up some painting in the bedroom- now leaving only the master bathroom and the nursery.  Lance went and played poker with the guys and Kirby and I hung out at home.  We went and saw The Road today.  I'll have to say, it's one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen.  My heart felt so heavy the entire movie.  It was a good movie, a good story, a good lesson, but the movie as a whole was so heavy.  Afterwards we went to moms for some lasagna and football. 

2010 is going to bring many new changes in our world, but I'm anxious and ready for the good things that are in store for us this year!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Comment! I'd love you for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...